Region 1- attached is the Region 1 Drill Championship Information. Please review all of this information and share these important details with your students, parents and school patrons. The pre-sold drill championship event wristbands will be delivered to each Region 1 school’s bookkeeper (01/10/20). We look forward to hosting this exciting Region 1 Event on Saturday, January 18th at 12:00 PM at the Roy High School Smith (Main) Gymnasium!
1. You don’t have to arrive at Roy on Saturday at 7:30AM. You and your team can come later BUT 7:30AM is the earliest to arrive. 🙂
2. The seating chart only for spectators and family members.
3. Below: UHSAA Guidelines to share with spectators and family members.
I know we are soooo close to Region 1/State Qualifier. It will be an exciting afternoon with lots of talent displayed. I have a few quick reminders for you to share with your team, parents, and studentbody.
1. Remind all of those coming to the event to display good sportsmanship. Explicitly teach what this looks like. I would also make announcements at your schools in support of this. We all are passionate about the sport of drill and want to celebrate it in a positive environment.
*I will discuss protocol at the coaches meeting in regards to sportsmanship.
2. The line up for entrance of the event will be at 10AM. There will be TWO lines. 1 wristband line (presold) and 1 general admission line (purchase ticket that day)
3. Wristbands MUST be visible for entrance. This means….wear the wrist bands.
4. Those who have purchased wristbands need to be at the school by 11AM sharp as the doors open for admittance. The wristband (presold) will be seated first. Once the presold have entered, the general admission tickets will fill in the empty sections.
**So if you arrive late, NO seats will be saved.**
5. Exact cash is preferred for the general admission tickets. It makes the process faster.
6. LASTLY…..GOOD LUCK to all of you coaches and your teams. 🙂